include "top.inc" ?>
Help me get a divorce!
or, for Men: Understanding Divorce
or, The Ins And Outs of Divorce for the Man
How ugly does it get? It is possible
that your spouse has had or soon will have a private investigator
following you around hoping to catch you doing something you're not
supposed to be doing. It is possible that'll you come home one day
and find all the locks changed so you can't get in your house. It is
possible that you will be served papers by the Sheriff. It is
possible that a restraining order will be placed against you
preventing you from going within so many feet of your spouse and/or
children. It is possible that your friends, neighbors, and relatives
will be subpoena'd to appear in court to provide support for our wife
alleging you're an irate, abusive, child-beater.
But what you need to know here is that private investigators can also be an ally.
What has your spouse been up to lately? Think about it. Do you really know what
she does? Where she goes? Who she is with? Did you know that in some
states alimony doesn't have to be paid if your wife is co-habitating with someone else?
So let's sum this up by saying here is what you can expect going through a divorce:
Or... reconcile with your souse. Doesn't that sound a lot easier now? Go to counselling, learn to love each other again and build a life together. You must have gotten married for a reason. Rekindle that flame. Now that you know about divorce, you can see that staying married is a much, much easier path!
- It's just one big expensive game.
- There is no such thing as an amicable divorce.
- It's going to get ugly.
- The lawyers will drag it out.
- If you have any money, or anything worth selling, you might as well consider it hers or property
of the attorneys.
- If you have children, you will and should pay child support, but you will never think the amount is fair,
so just get over it and PAY!
- Private investigators are likely to be involved (you should hire one)
- It will take you about 2 years to get over the emotional baggage of the divorce, so any
relationship you start during that time is a 'rebound' relationship. Beware.
- Your wife's attorneys will keep her cage rattled until they suck all the money out of the
- You WILL end up hating your spuse and lawyers
- You will get through it and things will get better, so just keep your cool and play the game.
Want to discuss divorce?
Go to the Helpation Divorce Forum!
include "bottom1.inc" ?>
include "bottom2.inc" ?>